Intracranial Pressure is a Better Predictor of Mortality than Cerebral Perfusion Pressure
Ronald J Markert, Jonathan M Saxe, Cathryn L Chadwick
Citation Information :
Markert RJ, Saxe JM, Chadwick CL. Intracranial Pressure is a Better Predictor of Mortality than Cerebral Perfusion Pressure. Panam J Trauma Crit Care Emerg Surg 2012; 1 (1):15-19.
CC BY-NC 4.0
Copyright © 2012; The Author(s).
- Management and prognosis of severe traumatic brain injury, part 1: Guidelines for the management of severe traumatic brain injury. J Neurotrauma 2000;17:451-553.
- Cerebral perfusion pressure: Management protocol and clinical results. J Neurosurg 1995;83:949-62.
- J Neurotrauma 1996;13:641-734.
- Improved outcome after severe head injury with a new therapy based on principles for brain volume regulation and preserved microcirculation. Crit Care Med 1998;26:1881-86.
- J Trauma 1997;42:S23-31.
- Management of intracranial hypertension in head injury: Matching treatment with cause. Acta Neurochir Suppl (Wien) 1993;57:152-59.
- Cerebral autoregulation. Cerebrovasc Brain Metab Rev 1990;2:161-92.
- Impaired cerebral autoregulation after mild brain injury. Surg Neurol 1997;47:128-31.
- Neurol Res 1997;19:233-40.
- Effects of cerebral perfusion pressure on brain tissue pO2 in patients with a severe head injury. Acta Neurochir Suppl (Wien) 1998;71:111-13.
- Cerebral blood flow, vascular resistance, and oxygen metabolism in acute brain trauma: Redefining the role of cerebral perfusion pressure? Crit Care Med 1995;23:1412-17.
- The effect of changes in cerebral perfusion pressure upon middle cerebral artery blood flow velocity and jugular bulb venous oxygen saturation after severe brain injury. J Neurosurg 1992;77:55-61
- Impact of ICP instability and hypotension on outcome in patients with severe head injury. J Neurosurg 1991;75:S59-64.
- The relation between acute physiological variables and outcome on the GOS and DRS following severe traumatic brain injury. J Neurotrauma 2001;18:115-25.
- Relation of cerebral perfusion pressure and survival in pediatric brain-injured patients. J Trauma 2000;49:654-58.
- Crit Care Med 1999;27:2086-95.