Global Connections: Telemedicine as a Tool to extend Trauma Education
Antonio C Marttos, Fernanda M Kuchkarian, Daniel F Rojas, Francisco S Collet-Silva, Cleinaldo de Almeida Costa, George D Garcia, Carl I Schulman
Citation Information :
Marttos AC, Kuchkarian FM, Rojas DF, Collet-Silva FS, Costa CD, Garcia GD, Schulman CI. Global Connections: Telemedicine as a Tool to extend Trauma Education. Panam J Trauma Crit Care Emerg Surg 2013; 2 (1):62-66.
CC BY-NC 4.0
Copyright © 2013; The Author(s).
- Injury: A leading cause of the global burden of disease. World Health Organization, Geneva 2002.
- Rural perceptions of continuing professional education. J Contin Educ Nurs 2008;39(12):555-63.
- Trauma and Burn Education: A Global Survey. World J Surg 2012;36:548-55.
- Simulation and the future of military medicine. Mil Med 2002;167(4):350-54.
- Tele-education in a telemedicine environment: Implications for rural health care and academic medical centers. J Med Syst 1999;23(2):107-22.
- Live transference of surgical subspecialty skills using telerobotic proctoring to remote general surgeons. J Am Coll Surg 2010;211(3):400-11.
- Videoconferencing for resident teaching of subspecialty topics: The pediatric and adolescent gynecology experience at the hospital for sick children. J Pediatr Adol Gynecol 2008;21(6):343-46.
- Prospective evaluation of remote, interactive videoconferencing to enhance urology resident education: The genitourinary teleteaching initiative. J Urol 2005;174(5):1958-60.
- National efforts to reform residency education in surgery. Acad Med 2007 Dec;82(12):1200-10.